Thursday, February 16, 2017

Stuck Ep. 1

However you may deal with being stuck in the mud or a snowbank it still stinks. Your plans are disrupted your schedule is off and what was going to happen is now on hold and to get past this you must adjust.

I've been there. we all have been there. that feeling of helplessness. we literally can't do anything until AAA or someone comes along and gives us a hand. That feeling when the world has reached out its hands. Humanity is not lost. Someone gives a crap. Someone has an extra minute to spare to help one in need. Analogous to a hug or that first sip of a beer giving you the feeling that everything is going to be fine.

Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to be that good person, that good samaritan. Pulling up on someone that is not having a good day and they are more stuck than stuck. There's no getting two or three people to push them out. What the heck, let's give it a shot.

As I slow to a stop and put it in park, thinking there is no way of pulling them out. I get out of the truck and walk over to the vehicle. The driver is either in tears or shaking and trying to text someone but they get no reception. I tell them I am going to back up to the vehicle and strap us together and see what happens. In the back of the truck, I go to get the 20,000 lb tow rope out. It's a nice one! Locate a spot on their vehicle. (Once I hooked to the latch where the minivan rear door catches to shut. I thought I would be buying them a new rear end. But fortunately, I walked the van right out. Newer vehicles are becoming more and more difficult to attach a tow rope to.)

Anyway, after pulling the person's vehicle out they immediately get out their wallet or purse getting ready to hand me a check or money. I eagerly take it thinking, "finally! I can buy new rotors for the bimmer". Just kidding. I simply tell them that having the satisfaction that people are grateful and I have aided someone in need is enough for me.

As I get back in my vehicle and drive a feeling of overwhelming warmth takes over and my day has just been completed.

So, remember, time can be best spent when 2 minutes are shared to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment