Monday, February 15, 2016

Stagnant

I  have learned over the years that if you have become stagnant in life then you must create a spark. As you all know I have done exactly that by buying Marsha. Yes my car is named after Marsha Brady. I was always attracted to Marsha. She was very pretty and had beautiful lines. I pictured Marsha as this beautiful delicate person. In addition, thoughts swirled around knowing that once I turned her on then she was ready to go. I am talking now about the car! Sometimes this idea is what we "motorheads" call a creeper. Looks are very appealing but under the hood there is a menacing power that is just waiting to be unleashed.

Anyway, Marsha has been good to me. The second one, that is. She has kept me safe and we have had much fun at the four HPDE (high performance driver education) events that I have been to so far.

So where do I go from here? Not sure. I have my sights set on becoming an instructor at track events. Somehow I realize that this is an achievable goal. I can become that instructor that I dream to become. In the past, when I wanted something I wanted it now. Not tomorrow or the next day or even in a year, but NOW! Is that being spoiled and believing that I deserve it because of who I am? Do I deserve what I want because I believe I am a great person? Is the answer obvious to you? Patience has always been  a strength of but not until recently did I understand that events occur in my life and I am NOT patient. Patience is simply not waiting for gratification but an avenue used for learning and reaching.

Recently, at an event last year, I pushed for an instructor to perform a checkout ride with me. Basically, to see if I am ready to move to the next level. I was not. As the instructor approached my car he looked very serious. He got in my car and showed his aggressive pitbull attitude about something in my car that he didn't like. He made quite a stink about it. Asshole! He called the cheif instructor over to look at my car and the chief said it was ok. That really shook me. I tried to let it go but I still harbored anguish towards this jerkoff in my car. Well, one lap in a black flag was thrown. I know the flag stations and saw the flag. At the end of the lap people were pitting in and I continued on my way. That ended my checkoff ride! On a black flag everyone is supposed to pit, even my dumbass! So he told me to continue to an exit road and wait. I waited and was flagged to proceed down pit road to exit the track. As we came to the exit/entrance he told me to stop. Apparently I didn't stop fast enough and he started yelling at me saying, "when I tell you to stop you stop! Not in ten feet but now!" It was the worst experience I have at the track so far.


To say the least, I was not ready and not patient enough. As I look back on times when I wasn't patient I wound up quitting and believed that I was not worthy. So I would sulk to myself and lose interest in the aforementioned goals. I also learned, as I did in college, how not to teach. That man is not fit to be in my car and I will not allow dod bird to become stagnant. Achieving goals takes courage and most likely is risk taking that can push you into an uncomfortable zone.

Well here it is, my second year attending HPDEs and I have stopped saying, "I can't wait for this", or "I can't wait for that to happen".

For me impatience leads to stagnancy and bad hpde instructors. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment